The Danish Maritime Authority has published the Danish national legislation and the Approval of marine equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (MED directive).
Both circulars have been published on November 1st, 2022.
Danish national legislation
This circular gives an overview over Danish national regulations related to the SOLAS Convention, the International Convention on Load Lines, the MARPOL Convention and occupational health, applicable to ships engaged in international trade.
The following changes listed in this circular refer to:
- SOLAS: New installation and repairs of materials containing asbestos
New installation of materials which contain asbestos as well as repairs carried out using materials containing asbestos is prohibited.
- SOLAS: Protection against noise
- SOLAS: Stability information for passenger ships and cargo ships
- SOLAS: Fire fighting
- SOLAS: Carriage requirements for shipborne navigational systems and equipment
- SOLAS: Navigation lights, shapes and sound signals
- Load Line Convention
- MARPOL Annex I: Tanks for oil residues (sludge)
- MARPOL Annex II: Measures of control
- MARPOL Annex III: Application
- Supplementary provisions for Danish cargo and passenger ships
- Lifting appliances and loose lifting gear
- Occupational health and workplaces in ships
Approval of marine equipment Directive
Guidance for approval of Marine Equipment, in pursuance of “Directive 2014/90/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council” of 23 July 2014 on marine equipment, as amended, Article 7., for ships changing from a non-EU flag to EU flag (Danish flag).
For ships changing from a non-EU flag to Danish flag, on-board Marine Equipment required to be “Wheel Marked”, but is not, shall either be changed to “Wheel Marked” equipment or be accepted as equivalent by the Danish Maritime Authority (DMA) or a Recognized Organization.
List of equipment prohibited, restricted, withdrawn or recalled by the Danish Maritime Authority is currently empty.
For more information, please see the links below:
RELEVANT DOCUMENTS (AVAILABLE ONLY TO SUBSCRIBERS):
Approval of marine equipment Directive 2014/90/EU (MED directive)
DIRECTIVE 2014/90/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL
Denmark issues Order on the registration of ships, rights over ships, and annual fees
Feb 22, 2023